We go through a lot of granola in our house: for breakfast, snacks, and made into on-the-go bars. I like a nutty mixture but if nuts aren’t your thing, you can really use any combination of seeds, fruits, and chocolate that suits you.
Mix together in a bowl:
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup flax or sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or sunﬂower seeds
- 1/3 cup almonds, pecans, and walnuts (whole, chunks, or sliced)
Note: If you like fruit in your granola, add 1/3 cup of any dried fruit you wish to the oat mixture before adding sweeteners.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider/juice
- 1/2 cup Bobo’s Mountain maple syrup
- 1/2 cup local honey
Pour melted butter and sweeteners over oat and nut mixture. Stir well to evenly coat. Spread into a large baking dish or cookie sheet.
Bake at 325F for 45 minutes giving it a stir every 10 minutes to keep from burning. Once you take it out of the oven, don’t stir it until completely cooled. Then eat immediately and store the rest in airtight jars or ziploc bags.